Environmental, Safety & Health
Associated Asphalt: Focused on Safety and the Environment
Associated Asphalt’s goal is to operate the company in a safe and environmentally friendly way. We are committed to protecting our natural resources and strive to maintain good relationships with the communities in which we do business.
To that end, all of our facilities take a proactive role in performing best practices not only in these three disciplines but in every facet of our operations. We will continue to evolve and improve across all lines of operations and continue to take a progressive stance in embracing change and new technology.
Also, our Transportation Division has received over 30 Fleet Safety Awards from the American Trucking Association since 1979. We have twice been awarded the GRAND TROPHY by the Virginia Trucking Association for having the best safety record of all trucking companies in Virginia.
Associated Asphalt takes great pride in protecting human health and the environment by integrating environmental stewardship into the business and community activities of the company.
Associated Asphalt’s Commitment to the Environment
We are committed to continually improving our impact on the environment, preventing pollution and ensuring compliance with relevant environmental laws and regulations as well as with other requirements to which the company has subscribed. Implementation of this policy includes the establishment and review of environmental objectives and targets, documentation and effective communication and awareness of the company’s environmental policy.
It is the company’s mission to conduct its business in a manner that promotes the safety of its employees, customers and members of the community and encourage a compatibility with the environmental and social needs of the communities in which it is located.
Associated Asphalt is dedicated to the protection of natural resources and the global environment. Through the integration of sound environmental practices into our business decisions, we have exceeded the current legal and regulatory requirements expected of our organization.
Our Measures for Safety
- Preservation of the environment and its resources.
- Reducing waste and conserving resources.
- Recycling materials.
- Development and implementation of engineering practices geared towards energy reduction.
- Efficient management of energy and natural resources.
- Continuous review and evaluation of operations and performance through applied management systems in order to improve and ensure complete regulatory and policy compliance.
- The practice of sound environmental and safety procedures by every employee.
- Participation in organizations and educational programs geared towards expanding our knowledge of environmental and safety practices as they apply to our operations.